Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Resolutions, Riding and More

First I should mention that despite stating in my last post that I was going to visit less Buffets in 2012, where did I eat on January 1st?  You guessed it, An Eat-All-You-Can Buffet.  Still, I am going to hold myself to losing weight and keeping it off.  I joined myfitnesspal.com in order to keep track of calorie consumed and burned as well as to track my weight.  I hope to post progress, when I make progress.  My overall goal: Lose 20lbs by May of 2012 (from 180 to 160) and keep it off!!!
I just love to eat all I can...then drive home full of regret.

So what else for 2012?  Considering we might be moving from NC to CA this summer, my riding could suffer, but I am still going to go for 2500+ mtb miles and 1000+ road miles...or at least 3500 combined.  I also hope to race in several events both in NC and CA.  More on that later.

Other resolutions.
Continue to raise happy healthy children.
Hopefully find employment in California...if not, at least I will have plenty of time to reach my riding goals. :)
Pass the Language Arts Praxis exam.
Begin learning to speak Spanish.
The Dillinger will look like this Hooligan, only with 29" wheels.
More bike rides with the wife (and kids).

Note: I have been waiting to build up a Soul Cycles Dillinger 29er that was supposed to arrive in sometime in August...now it is January and it still has not arrived.  The Dillinger can run single-speed or geared.  I will likely build it geared for my wife, but am hoping she will try SS first....if the frame ever arrives, that is.  More to come on this later.



Hoping for a happy, healthy 2012 for all, with plenty of riding miles in your future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment