Summer arrives, I knock out a big ride at Hole in the Ground (near Tahoe, for those not in the know) and then...nothing. So here are my excuses:
1. It is Summer and I am on daddy day care duty every day.
2. I had several house projects, including replacing my entire plumbing system from street to every source in the house (and adding plumbing for a new outdoor shower, utility sink in the garage and a future 1/2 bath in the basement).
3. Injury. When using the trencher, I overworked my arms and literally had trouble sleeping and using my arms for nearly two weeks.
4. It was/is bloody hot, even in the evening (going soft, I know).
5. Lack of motivation. I need a goal. I have always had races or events to prepare for. Last year I was training for PMBAR and the Coolest 24. I did what needed to be done to be prepared, including riding the trainer when I could not be out on the bike. With no race/event planned, motivation has waned. I NEED to sign up for an event!
|Me shortly if I don't start riding soon (not that far off now).|
And the cycle continues. ;)