Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Year in Review

Goodbye 2011,  it has been one good year of riding.
What a great year of riding!  I achieved my goal of 2500+ mtb miles and 1000+ road miles.  Unfortunately, I did not achieve the goal of losing weight, and maintaining that weight loss, but hey there is always next year.  Now back to the riding...
Recently, another rider (we will call him Jack) made a crack about all the Umstead Park (double track) miles I “allegedly” ride, I thought, “That’s a bunch of BS, I don’t ride that much Umstead.”  So I gathered all my miles to prove it.  What did I find?  I ride a crapload of Umstead.

My total miles for the year were 4097 miles.
Single Speed mtb: 2854
Geared mtb: 95
Single Speed road: 1092
Geared road: 56

I hit Umstead 36 different times for 864 miles, most of any “trail”.  Throw in one Duke Forest ride and I rode over 900 miles of double track to go along with  ~1950 miles of single track.  For the record, I rode solely Umstead only 4 times (due to wet trails or snow) and the hills in Umstead are one heck of a workout! 

Other notable trails:
Nine different “hush-hush” trails 51 times for a combined 746 miles (most at 286).
Harris 20 times for 389 miles.
Wilkesboro Trails 4 times for 231 miles.
California Trails 8 rides for 202 miles
Crabtree 10 times for 143 miles.
San Lee twice for 49 miles.

Ate 9 full racks of ribs, hit Buffets (hard) ~15 times, ate too much fast food, ate too much ice-cream and drank just the right amount of beer.

Unfortunately I lost ~6 weeks of riding thanks to a strained knee, sliced knee (PMBAR) and broken hand (Shenandoah100).  So, for 2012, my goals are more of the same but without the injuries; and I want to drop ~20lbs (no more 'full' racks of ribs, 1/2 the Buffets, and a whole lot less ice-cream and fast food).

Looking forward to a good year.  Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment