Saturday, December 10, 2011

Getting Old, Fat, and Out of Shape!

Trying not to end up like this!
So, at the start of 2011 I was motivated in training for my first every 24hr (Burn24) and first 100 (Shenandoah).  I was motivated and riding, a lot.  After breaking my hand at Shenandoah, I went from riding a lot to riding a little.  Dang it is amazing how quick you lose it.  I went from riding 350-400 miles a month to 200.  I use to feel pretty good after a 60 mile mtb ride, now I am hurting after 40 miles, oh, and I gained ~10lbs.  Funny, after weighing myself in November and realizing I gained 5 lbs, I set a goal to do the impossible: lose weight between Nov. and Jan., well, turned out is was impossible as I gained ~ 5lbs.  Thank god New Years is right around the corner, just in time for a resolution to eat less and exercise more!


ps. Note to self: Bobby does not like flatulence jokes during a ride...especially when actual flatulence is involved.  Sorry, Bobby, but sometimes when you get older, you just can't help it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment