Sunday, December 30, 2012

Juicing Preparation and Mountain Biking

So, I decided rather than just jump into juicing, I would experiment with different recipes for a few days and then do a full detox starting Jan.2.  The first two days, I drank nothing but my own home made juices with a sensible (vegetarian) dinner.  The third day I went on a decent bike ride of ~18 miles/~2000+ft, and was a bit worried about how my strength/energy would hold up during a decent ride. I packed two bottles (one w/apple & pear juice, another w/water) and off I went.  To make a long story short, my energy and strength seemed to be no different than any other ride.  The big test will be when I am on the detox and get in a 30+ mile ride with 4-5k of climbing.

*My recipes used thus far:
Morning 'Green' Glory
1 cucumber
3 kale leaves
1 handful spinach
3 celery stalks
1 large apple
1 lime
1 mandarin
Pretty darn good...my first ever concoction

Sweet Beet Treat:
1 pear
1 beat (w/stalks and leaves)
2 mandarins
1 cup mixed blue/strawberries
Dark red and delicious!

Orange Crush:
1 large orange
2 mandarins
3 carrots
1 mini lemon (or half regular sized)
1 apple
Yummy!

Pineapple Citrus 'Punch'
1/2 pinapple
1 lg orange
3 mandarins
1 lemon
1 lime
3/4 thumb of ginger
This made a lot of juice...and good thing as it is De-licious!

Veggie Experiment:
2 kale leafs
handful spinach
2 celery stalks
three thin carrots
3 tomatoes
1 lime
When mixed, it turns and earthy brown.  Taste is earthy, but I like the kick the lime adds.

*All recipes I have found on-line and then altered slightly based on what I had in the fridge. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment