Sunday, December 8, 2013

Let It Snow, Let it Snow, Let Us Ride!

Yes, Snow in Auburn. Seems like as good a time as any to test out the cold weather gear. Mikey and I set out with thoughts of riding the whole enchilada (or at least to FHDL) but with the thick snow and mud that we eventually ran into (not to mention the freezing temps) we only made it through less than half of the connector trail before turning back. I will say that having a SS did make for a challenging ride in the snow, though the 2.35 Nobby Nic tires with ~18psi rolled and gripped surprisingly well.
The best part of the ride? My knee felt fine, my toes and fingers did not freeze, the scenery was amazing and I was able to ride the two miles up a slick stagecoach trail with no problems at the end of the ride. Note that due to conditions, it took almost as long to get down stagecoach as it took to get up. Yes, starting to get my legs back...now if only I can get my waist back. :p










No comments:

Post a Comment