Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Violently Ill? Let's Race!

So, last weekend my oldest daughter comes down with the sick bug. Then Monday night, my wife starts blowing chunks.  So naturally, I begin projectile vomiting Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning.  Guessing there is no chapter in Friel's Mountain BikersTraining Bible about the benefits of racing when sick.  Still, there are benefits.  I lost ~6 lbs in ~12 hours, try doing that with Atkins!  And being dehydrated, one is likely to cramp earlier, providing valuable practice in working through cramps.  Also, there is the benefit of not being able to ride for a week leading up to the race. Clearly, over training will not be an issue.  So, there is my cup-half-full take on why my bedside bucket-half-full of vomit will turn out to be a good thing.

Oh, and just an FYI, New England clam chowder looks a lot like Manhattan clam chowder upon exit.

Your welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment